Transport Fever – EMD GP9 – Illinois Central
This mod adds an EMD GP9 with Illinois Central livery for 3 eras:
1954-1966Black and white
1966-1972Orange and white, Illinois Central
1972-1980Orange and white, Illinois Central Gulf
The Illinois Central (IC), sometimes called the Main Line of MidAmerica, was a railroad serving the central United States, connecting Chicago with New Orleans, Louisiana and Mobile, Alabama. The IC came into being when President Millard Fillmore signed a land grant for the construction of the railroad, making the IC the first landgrant railroad in the United States. Upon it’s completion in 1856, the IC was the longest railroad in the world.
In 1972 the Illinois Central merged with Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad to become Illinois Central Gulf (ICG). In 1988 the railroad’s parent company spun off the railroad and the railroad dropped ‘Gulf’ from the name. In 1998 the IC was purchased by Canadian National Railway.
The EMD GP9 is a four-axle diesel-electric locomotive built by General Motors’ Electro-Motive Division in the United States, and General Motors Diesel in Canada between January 1954 and August 1963. The GP9 series found enormous success and became one of the most successful diesel locomotives ever built.
- DDS textures
- Aging with dirt and rust.
- Multi-unit double traction units.
- Engines as rail assets.
- Max Speed: 65 mph (105 kph)
- Power: 1,740 horsepower (1,300 kW)
- Tractive Effort: 64,750 lbf (288 kN)
- Availability: (based on era)
- Cost: (determined by game)
3 IC paint schemes are represented in this mod package, however accordering to my research there were 3 others (2 during ICG era, and another after 1988 railroad spin off. They are …
- 1978 – All orange. Applied to 22 units and only lasted 13 months.
- 1980 – Dark gray & orange with large ‘ICG’ on side.
- 1988 – Black & white ‘Death Star’.
I didn’t include these 3 schemes because I’ve found no evidence that they were applied to any GP9’s. This is likely because most of the GP9’s were remanufacutured into GP10’s and GP11’s. If anyone can point to a photo of an actual GP9 in one of these schemes, please let me know and I’ll include it.
- This is a repaint of Urban Games EMD GP9.
- This mod adds new vehicles to the game without altering anything currently existing in the game.
- Custom colors have intentionally been disabled.
- Though I aim to be as accurate as possible, some inaccuracies may exist.
- The in-cab camera points backwards. This is to do with original model being oriented long hood forward.
- The multi-unit icon shows everything on 2nd unit backwards, including logos and wording. This is because game is using only one icon image and flipping it for the 2nd unit.
Author(s) take no responsibility for your hardware or software. Use this mod at your own risk.