This mod allows you to generate demand on any cargo, in any place on your map. Just choose type of cargo, amount of demand per YEAR, and plop magnet in preffered place. That`s all, you`re amazing! 🙂
Mod can be found in “Track assets” menu, in “Tools” category
Here is some Rules of CM:
1) Magnets have only “input” options, but not “output”. They do not generate cargo by itself.
2) You need to plop magnet near the road, just like buildings spawns. Also you can plop it ON the road, or on the station. But not in the middle of nowhere. Magnet need connection to road system, by which cargo moves.
3) Magnet can be destroyed at any time, also it can be upgraded to any size or cargo type
4) However, mod can not be removed from savegame until you remove all magnets from map. Just keep in mind.
5) Please note, that it takes a few month before magnet will “make order” and cargo will start to spawn on appropriate industries. And a few years (!) before production becomes stable. It`s game mechanics, you know.
6) In the later stages of the game, when there is a lot of transport, cargo and people on the map – when you trying to build, upgrade or demolish a magnet, the game can slow down and lag. Yep, this is unpleasant, but not critical – just wait until the game resumes.
Ways to use
First of all, it`s good addition to “Personmagnet” mod by JoeFried. His mod was an example and inspiration for me, so many thanks to him. And now you can not only create a passenger traffic to any place on map, but also create cargo traffic too! You can build small villages or towns with cargo demand far away in mountains, or create something like consignment warehouses, or imitate import, or just boost some of your cargo lines and makes them profitable, or… There are many ways, I`m sure, your imagination will tell you much more.
Max Well: no doubt, these mods are good and useful! But “Cargo Magnet” have more flexibility. Look:
– You can generate demand on any cargo (raw mat-s or final products) without the need to create full production chain;
– You can choose amount of cargo – from a few units to “OVER9000!” (actually, no – just up to 8192 so far, but it`s A LOT), and you can plop as many magnets as you want;
– Magnets has a small size, and also can be upgraded at any time;
– fixed “floating” upgrade window;
– part of the code was rewritten to fix lags and crashes in some cases;
So, guys, use it wisely, ask questions, rate, criticize, in a word – enjoy!
Credits: Max Well