Population Factor for Transport Fever 2.
This Mod changes the number of people in the game by multiplying the capacity of new town buildings with a factor.
- If you start a new game with the mod or if you create a city with the generator, all buildings get the modified values directly
- When adding to an existing savegame, the effect shows up after a certain time:
While the AI is automatically renewing the town buildings, the capacities of new buildings will be adjusted accordingly and the total values are adapting over time
- You can deactivate the mod at any time. The modified capacities of existing buildings will be maintained and new buildings will have the normal values again
- After updating all buildings, the total values (population, commercial and industrial) should be higher/lower by the factor than the target value to which the town wants to grow
- The number and appearance of buildings is not affected, only the capacity
- The towns have therefore the same size and the same cityscape (amount of skyscrapers)
- You can change it in the Mod Settings, either using the CommonAPI or alternatively in the file settings.lua, each before loading
- For more population, set the value > 1 (decimal numbers are also possible)
- If you want to improve performance, set the factor to a value between 0 and 1 (e.g. 0.5 for halving the population)
- With a value of 0, each building gets the minimum capacity 1
With the Mod Settings, you can also change the Town Develop Interval, which determines how often the AI builds buildings and streets. During testing, however, I couldn’t really find out whether this has any influence at all.