The Great War Rebuffed for Hearts of Iron IV
This is my first mod, I’m glad that many of you are enjoying this, and I wish the further updates make your gameplay even greater!
I’ve done some personal changes to rebalance the mod Hearts of Iron IV: The Great War, made by Wolferos, so I decided to share them with you all.
Currently version is: 0.1, and works only on ENGLISH
The changes, by now, particularly rebalance manpower, with other minor rebalances and some future plans.
– National focuses for all countries now give greater research speed bonus, creating a “World War 1” version of the to the new 1.6 mechanics. No more “15% research bonus”, but “150% research bonus”;
– New country leader pictures (in progress…)
– “Scramble for Africa” now gives +5% non-core population, rather than +0.5% recruitable population to avoid division spamming.
– Now everyone has unit voices, including the Ottomans and both Chinas.
– Moved some provinces from states to readjust the borders, also regarding the 1.6 update.
– “German Staff” now gives only 10% recruitable population factor to avoid division spamming. Max planning and planning speed were lightly increased.
– The “Schlieffen Plan” event options now only gives you wargoals on the Benelux countries, so you can decide which strategy to follow.
– And the original “Schlieffen Plan” correctly gives you Luxembourg as a puppet rather than declaring war on it (this really happened).
– Moved a province from Lwów to Kraków to readjust borders;
– Austrian Staff now gives only 15% recruitable population factor to avoid division spamming. Max planning was lightly increased.
– Changed country color to that used in Kaiserreich;
– Central Macedonian states were now Ottoman cores;
– “Faith in Allah” reworked with +5.0% population growth bonus and +1.0% recruitable population bonus, making it more accordingly to Islamist cultural ways.
– British Raj, Qing China and China now have Agrarian Society idea as permanent conscription law, so they couldn’t throw thousands of troops on you when joining Allies.
– Further adjustment on research speed get by focuses, and the research rewards at all;
– Graphics for the Agrarian Society law (currently struggling with this);
– Further adjustment on Austro-Hungarian borders at the Bucovina state;
– Give destabilizing spirits to be treated within the Ottoman Empire (if the player wish to do so).
– War exhaustion system (such as in Endsieg);
– Revamped naval system (I will need to read more books about naval equipment of this era lol);
So, I expect you enjoy these modifications.