Italy Reworked for Hearts of Iron IV.
After a lot of time, I have finally decide to publish this mod. I know that there are a lot of other rework of Italy outhere, but I hope you can still enjoy my work!
I’ve been working on this mod for several month, during my free time, and I really enjoyed working on it, since it brougth me to make research and read a lot of stuff about Italy during the World War 2 period.
What’s the aim of the mod?
As the name of the mod said, the aim is to rework Italy and giving to it a brand new focus tree, since it has one of the worst in the game, adding new events and better rappresenting the country situation during the World War 2 period. All of this along the intentions to try to keep the balance of the game and also allow the player to go with different playthrough.
After said this, my principal objective was to respect, as long as i could, the history of Italy, and since the game is HOI4, it was a not so easy challenge, but i think that I’ve done discreet work.
What are the contents of the mod?
- A brand new reworked focus tree for Italy
- New events
- New decisions
- More leader, generals and admirals (more are coming in the next patches)
- Historical and alternative paths for the Fascist Italy
- New alternative paths for a Democratic, Monarchist and Communist Italy, each with several diplomacy path
- Flavour events and new national spirits for representing the period
- New advisors and designers company (more are coming in the next patches)
- New operations
- DLC: The mod is compatible with all Hearts of Iron IV dlc: they are not required, but I haven’t tested it without them, so I cannot assure anything.
- Other mods: Well, this is a tricky question: obviously, this mod isn’t compatible with others who change or modify Italy. It should work with mods who apply minor changes to the game, like the graphics. I can’t assure that it works with overhaul mods, like ‘Road to 56’, but I haven’t test anything.
- I have made this mod with the intentions to make more compatible as i can with the others, but, as I said before, I can’t assure anything, so use it at your own risk.