In-Game Achievements for Hearts of Iron IV
Just to say that at the very beginning: This mod does NOT enable Steam Achievements when playing with mods or not in Ironman Mode. Playing with this mod DISABLES Steam Achievements.
Required HOI4 Version: 1.6.*
Now that this was stated, what does the mod actually do?
This mod adds In-Game Achievements by using scripted GUIs. Those achievements can be earned each game, so they won’t be saved for other save games.
You can open a window in-game by clicking on the achievements button on the upper right corner that lists achievements of different categories.
Currently there are 4 categories:
- In this category there are custom achievements for the base game, so achievements that should be earnable if you play vanilla HOI4 (respectively not with any total overhaul mods).
- In this category there are the base game’s achievements. Although you can’t earch them on Steam, you can still earn them in-game.
- In this category there are achievements for my League of Nations mod. You can only view this category if that mod was active when you started your save game, otherwise the button will open its workshop page.
- In this category there are achievements for my Scornful Insults mod. You can only view this category if that mod was active when you started your save game, otherwise the button will open its workshop page.
Currently there are this many achievements in the different categories:
- Vanilla: 120
- Steam: 92
- LoN: 10
- Insults: 11
There also is a small sort menu for the achievements that lets you hide/show unavailable achievements (the ones that you don’t fulfill the starting conditions for), sorting the completed achievements at the top or bottom of the list and hiding/showing completed achievements.
There also is an option to print the unlocked achievements to the game log. This will print all achievements that you currently have unlocked to this file, which can be found in …/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Hearts of Iron IV/logs. You can use that for example to later copy those out of the file and save it somewhere to keep in mind, what achievements you already completed in earlier saves.
I personally feel the game gives much more oportunities for achievements than the ones that Paradox added. I also think it’s a pitty that with most mods you can’t earn Steam achievements in HOI4.
Since I would like to play with mods while still being able to follow a specific goal and try to earn achievements and get a visual recognition for that in-game, I decided to create this mod.
I hope – and think – that other people feel the same.
Further more it gives the option to create new achievements for the game and, perhaps later, for specific (overhaul) mods.
- Portuguese (English language)
- French (English language)
- Polish (English language)
- Russian (English language)
- Spanish (English language)
Thanks to anyone who suggested achievements, special thanks to LordVarangian and Jay DoubleU for that.