Historical Project for Hearts of Iron IV.
Inspired by the Victoria II mod of the same name, the Historical Project Mod (HPM) for HOI4 seeks to enhance the vanilla HOI4 experience by adding and tweaking historical events, decisions, and focuses without disrupting the core experience as designed by Paradox.
At the moment, HPM for HOI4 is in a beta stage. I plan on adding a lot of things but expect this version to be pretty close to vanilla but with just a few tweaks. If you find any bugs while using the mod, please report them to me. Also, going down alternate history paths or using the 1939 start date may break certain features as those things haven’t been tested.
- Independent Egyptian state as a puppet of the United Kingdom
- Free City of Danzig under British, French, and Polish protection
- Event for Danzig to be annexed by Fascist Germany when Germany declares war on Poland
- German-Polish Non-Aggression Pact in place at game start
- Soviet-Polish Non-Aggression Pact in place at game start
- Made the Rub Al Khali desert an impassible state
- Gave a Peruvian state to Ecuador (while keeping it a core of Peru) to better reflect the dispute over land between the two. Currently no more flavor regarding that issue.
- Added a basic decision for Finland to declare the Continuation War on the Soviet Union once Germany declares war on the Soviets
- Other minor diplomatic relations additions to better reflect the geopolitical situation in 1936
- British oil companies in Iran and Iraq somewhat reflected by oil rights given to the UK in certain states when MTG is enabled
- More flavor for Finland
- Flavor for Siam/Thailand
- 1941 Iraqi coup
- Minor Egyptian flavor
- Hatay referendum
- Ecuador-Peru War
- Irish Free State
- Possible tweaks to defending China and Russia
- Soviet Invasion of Poland in accordance with the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact
- Italian Civil War
- Special flavor for Yugoslav Partisans
- Operation Valkyrie
- Alt-history path tweaks (to make them more difficult to do)
- Soviet purges lingering into the start of Barbarossa
- An accurate representation of Stalin’s paranoia regarding the situation on the border with Germany pre-Barbarossa
- Free Territory of Trieste
- Game rule for multiplayer to remove alternate history paths
- Operation Countenance