GE Dash 8-40B mod for Transport Fever 2.
In 1988, the next series of Dash 8 by GE series was released, the Dash 8-40 series. This is the B version, with the standard cab. Unlike its cousin the Dash 8-40C, this has 2 axle trucks.
- ATSF Bluebonnet
- BNSF Bluebonnet patch
- BNSF H1
- SSW (Cotton Belt)
- Southern Pacific
- Union Pacific
- Model citizen couplers
- reverse units with different road numbers & no crew
- custom sounds by MrCheesecake
- horns at stations
- different soundsets for reverse units, with no horns or whistles
- modular meshs, meaning each skin has its own customized mesh
- group listed for skins
Note: I tried doing the yard light, but there’s no way to stop the light from spinning at increased speeds. So I chose to leave it out as it’s not possible.
- 4K textures (hence the large file size)
- Available 1988, no end date
- Top speed = 75mph
- Emissions = 65
- Weight = 140 tonnes
- ATSF forward now has numbers on the numberboard
- NYS&W reverse is now 4006, not 4002
- class lights are no longer emissive lights but simply a texture
- Updated power to actually be 4000hp (units used is kW)
- Bounding box moved to middle of coupler on both ends
- Emissions come out of stack vertically
- wheels are now centered and no longer a bouncy ball
- SP, SSW & NYS&W reverse units now have menu icons
Click here to download with Steam Workshop.
Credits: themeatballhero, MrCheesecake