Civ 6 – Strategos Mod
Strategos Mod for Civ VI.
Welcome to version 1.2 of Strategos, a mod intended to step up the game on Civilization VI’s combat system. The current version adds twenty-two new units to the game along several new and existing unit lines:
1. Escorts – These units (Escort and Bodyguard) have high mobility and the ability to impart that mobility onto all units in their formation. They are ineffectual on offense but receive a substantial (+20 point) boost on defense, making them ideal escorts for vulnerable civilian and support units.
2. Naval Escorts – These units (Balinger, Galleon, and Transport) function just like the escorts above, except on water. While occupying an admittedly small niche in the current meta, I plan to implement changes in future patches that make embarked land units much weaker on water, thus emphasizing the important of naval transport units such as these.
3. Support/Mobility – These support units (Stablemaster, Wagon Train and Convoy) have no inherent combat strength. They project a 1 tile aura that increases the movement speed of all melee, ranged, and anti-cavalry units of their corresponding eras by 1.
4. Support/Combat – These support units (Prefect, Captain and Lieutenant) also have no inherent combat strength. They project a 1 tile aura that increases the combat strength and experience gained of all units of their corresponding eras.
5. Support/Auxiliary – These support units (Auxiliary Archer, Auxiliary Musket and Sniper) have no inherent combat strength, making them extremely vulnerable on defense. However, they all have offensive ranged capabilities of some sort, making it imperative to keep them stacked with actual units.
6. Support/Healer – These support units (Herbalist, Healer, Medic) apply the very powerful Mamluk bonus to all units in adjacent tiles, making one of them a virtual necessity for any prolonged offensive campaign. Healer and Medic also apply a small buff to healing.
7. More Naval Carriers – Two new units (Deceres and Ship of the Line) belonging to the naval carrier class previously occupied by solely the aircraft carrier. These ships have a reasonably strong inherent melee attack for their era, as well as the ability to be outfitted with siege weapons the mimic the effects of bomber planes. These new “bombers” (Deck Catapult and Cannon Battery) are immobile units that can be rebased from city to city as well as to the decks of naval carriers. They have a range of 2 and a bombard strength comparable to the weapons they’re based off of, meaning a fully loaded Deceres or Ship of the Line packs quite a punch.
8. Another Naval Raider – The Liburna, an early naval raider available at currency that is capable of coastal raiding and invisible unless adjacent.
How To Install:
Move the two folders (Base and DLC) into the Civilization folder on your computer where there should already be two folders of the same names. Allow the mod to overwrite files where necessary. Don’t worry! Nothing is being deleted from core game files, only expanded, so you’ll still have full functionality with
the base game as well as most other mods.