A Mountain Is Fine Too (GS) for Civilization VI.
Mountain overhaul mod. You’ll love the new mountain tiles! Allows to work and build improvements on mountain tiles. Adds new mountain features and allows resources to spawn on mountain tiles. Mountain tiles remain impassable but city pops can work on them.
- City pops can work on mountain tiles.
- New improvements for mountain tiles: Mountain Mine, Mountain Hamlet, and Anchorite Hovel.
- Allows some strategic, luxury and bonus resources to spawn on mountain tiles.
- Added a new gold resource for mountain tiles and hill tiles.
- New features could be generated on mountain tiles: Mountain Streams and Bleak.
- New Encampment district buildings can be built on mountains: Mountain Training Range and Mountain Water Obstacle Training Range.
Base Terrain Yields
- Grass Mountain: +1 Food and +1 Production
- Plains Mountain: +1 Production
- Desert Mountain: +1 Production
- Tundra Mountain: +1 Production
- Snow Mountain: no yields
New Mountain Tile Features
- Mountain Stream: +1 Food and +1 Production. Provides fresh water to the adjacent tiles.
- Bleak: +1 Faith, -1 Food, -1 Production -1 Gold
- Mountain Mine. +1 Production and some techonologies provide up to +4 Production in late game. Could be built on mountain tile, provides strategic or luxury resource from that tile. Gives bonus production to adjacent Industrial Zone district (+3 Production for each 2 adjacent mountain mines). Requires Mining tech and State Workforce civic.
- Mountain Hamlet. +1 Culture and +0.5 Housing and +2% Growth rate to the nearest city. Provides +1 Food extra if built on bonus resource that already provides food (Sheeps for example). Could be built on mountain tiles.
- Anchorite Hovel. Makes tile non-workable. Could be built using the Anchorite unit (it is a new religious unit with only one function to built the hovel) on Bleak mountain tiles. Provides 5% faith purchase cost discount in the nearest city. Missionaries and Apostles bought in the nearest city receive +1 Sight range and +1 Movement on friendly territory. Anchorite unit requires Holy Site for purchase.
Encampment District Buildings
- Mountain Training Range. Can be built on mountain tile adjacent to the Encampment district. Recon, melee, ranged, light cavalry, ranged cavalry and anti-cavalry, units trained in this city receive +10 Combat Strength when fighting adjacent to the mountain and faster Movement on Hill terrain. But in exchange for slower military unit production in this city (for unit classes which receive bonuses).
- Mountain Water Obstacle Training Range. Can be built on mountain tile with Mountain Streams feature adjacent to the Encampment district. Recon, melee, ranged, light cavalry, ranged cavalry and anti-cavalry, units trained in this city receive +15 HP per turn when adjacent to Mountain stream and could ignore enemy ZOC when adjacent to the river and also could cross the rivers faster. But in exchange for slower military unit production in this city (for unit classes which receive bonuses).
Added a new builder unit operation: Remove Adjacent Improvement so now it is possible to remove mountain improvements (it should also work on any improvement) but due to the limited game API this operation will consume a builder unit no matter of how many build charges it had.
AI for some reason could not build new buildings and Anchorite Hovel improvements so it will be gifted with some eventually if it has met all requirements.
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Gathering Storm