Lock Forestry for Cities: Skylines
Recommended for detailers only.
Lock Forestry allows you to lock and unlock for the forestry resource, so adding and removing trees doesn’t change the ground resources (forestry, fertility, ore & oil) or the ground texture (appearance). The lock can be turned off in the options.
This means you can:
- Paint the forestry texture wherever you want
- Decorate farms with trees without removing ground fertility
- Use Forestry industry with Prop & Tree Anarchy without needing trees over buildings
Locking/unlocking via the options menu is a bit fiddly, but I don’t expect people to change it that frequently so it’s not worth the UI clutter. You can use More Shortcuts to create a keyboard shortcut.
To remove the forestry resource from an existing area:
- Unlock forestry in this mod’s options page
- Select all the trees in the area with Move It
- Bulldoze the trees with Move It’s bulldoze tool – now the resource should be gone
- Lock forestry in the options page
- Undo (Ctrl+Z) the bulldoze action in Move It – the trees are back, without modifying the resources!
The lock option isn’t saved – forestry is always locked when the game loads, because otherwise I would forget about it and mess up my city.